Executive Director of Services
Executive Director of Development
We are so grateful for our dedicated team of Trustees who, together with the Executive team, head up the governance and leadership of Mercy UK. The Board meet once a quarter and have been appointed to bring together a broad selection of skills, talents and expertise to set Mercy UK up for success, to protect our resources and ensure best practice.
Justin Cooper (Chairman)
Will Van Der Hart
Mercy UK acknowledges and accepts that there are different emphases and expressions within various Christian traditions. As a Christian organisation, we affirm that:
• The Bible is the accurate and authoritative Word of God and applicable to our everyday lives.
• There is one God, the Creator, who exists in three persons; the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy.
• Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the only one who can reconcile us to God. He lived a sinless life, died on the cross in our place and rose again to prove His victory and empower us for life.
• In order to receive forgiveness for our sins we must repent and believe in Jesus Christ who equips us to live a new life.
• God wants to heal and transform us so that we can live healthy and prosperous lives in order to help others more effectively.
• Our eternal destination is determined by our response to Jesus Christ and that He is coming back again.
"I was just talking to a lady who runs very important residential clinics for young people who have been self-harming or indeed have eating disorders – a classic example of someone of faith who has a great belief in wanting to do good, in wanting to change the world and we should encourage those faith-based organisations into the solving of social problems"
The Rt Hon David Cameron,
Former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom