Restoring Hope, Transforming Lives in Partnership with the Local Church
– Mercy UK Vision Statement
Mercy UK is committed to educating leaders, equipping individuals and empowering churches through:
- Effective Discipleship Resources
- Pastoral Support Services
- Residential Homes (for young women with life controlling issues)
We look to address the root causes of issues individuals face, rather than merely medicating the symptoms or addressing the external behaviour.
We seek to help break the cycle of destruction by helping others find freedom and restoration through the services we provide. This in turn will positively affect the generation they will parent and drastically reduce the chances of history repeating itself.
Did you know that every day, people in the UK are struggling with life-controlling issues? The statistics below tell a horrifying tale:
- The UK has the highest rate of eating disorders and self-harm in Europe
- Recent figures suggest that 1% of women in the UK have had a clinically diagnosed eating disorder and over 50% have ‘serious issues with food’ that are not clinically diagnosed but cause them significant trouble
- 1 in 4 women will require treatment for depression at some time (National Institute For Clinical Excellence, 2003)
- Women are twice as likely to experience anxiety as men. Of people with phobias or OCD, about 60% are female. (The Office for National Statistics Psychiatric Morbidity report, 2001)